We currently have a new vacancy with a specialist SME, in their Engineering Machine-Shop, manufacturing high end Motorsport and F1 Automotive Components using exotic materials.
The role is that of an experienced Machine Shop (ideally Senior) Engineer who possesses Programming (ON and Off Line), Machine Setting and Operating skills, with experience on CNC equipment.
The work is varied and very frequently bespoke in nature, working on both large and medium runs from one off items, short runs (20 items) to over 500+ Components.
Candidates must have previous experience of CNC machine programming and operation, preferably in a small company environment. They should be familiar with many of the following aspects of the job:
- Use of manual, semi-automatic and automatic milling, surface grinding, and drilling machines.
- Extensive off-line and on-line programming experience is KEY for this role on CNC milling machines, ideally Haas equipment, using Fanuc controllers.
LOCATION: M1 corridor - Northants (Brackley).
- Manufacturing of precision quality components to F1, Automotive, Horology, Marine and other industries.
- Setting up and running the machines to create components from aluminium, titanium and other varied alloys and materials.
- Performing the day-to-day housekeeping of the machine and work areas.
- Ensuring that the machine is properly maintained and updated, including the identification of new tools where required.
- Manufacture of components to high precision and tolerances, in a range of materials.
- Machine job set up, machining procedures and cutting tool usage.
- Reading and interpreting Engineering Drawings, which may sometimes be less than perfect, however always aiming to achieve a high quality result.
- Fabrication skills for creating appropriate jigs and fixtures.
The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate:
- A flexible approach and an excellent attitude to their work and their colleagues as they will be working closely with the company's Designers.
- An eye for detail and a pride in their work.
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm, and able to think outside the box.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail with your CV.