Duties & Responsibilities
- Attend internal design review meetings
- Preparation of simple calculations
- Production of drawings and construction details using AutoCAD
- Supporting the administration of projects
- Supporting the Civil/Senior Civil Engineers throughout the highway and drainage design process
- Ensuring outputs meet the required standards
- Meeting agreed deadlines
- Working in both an office environment and on site
- Site visits and survey with senior members of staff
- Contributing to providing solutions to design problems
- Ensuring designs meet required standards following our Quality Management System
- Keeping training log up to date and attending, where necessary, CPD/training events
- Adhere to health & safety regulations
- Residential designs to local authority and water authority standards
- Conversant with current building regulations
- Designing to NHBC and LABC standards
- Ability to produce private (non-adoptable) levels and drainage designs for residential, commercial and industrial development
- Earthworks modelling would be advantageous
- Appropriate qualification in civil engineering
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience within the house building sector and how it operates will be advantageous
- Knowledge of all approval processes including Highways Section 38, 278 and Water Authority Section 104 technical agreements.
- Ability to work with other design team members in the design process.
The successful applicant will have:
- HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
- At least two years’ post qualification design experience in the civils sector.
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Proficient use of AutoCad and an understanding of Civil Engineering design packages such as PDS, Civils3D and MicroDrainage
- A solid understanding of road, levels and drainage designs
- The right attitude and cultural fit for our organisation
For more information please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Looking forward to hearing from you