Role: 400kv Senior Authorised Person
- Implement the high voltage safety rules
- Outage management and network control
- Carry out high voltage switching and isolations
- Carry out earthing of high voltage plant and apparatus
- Prepare, issue and cancel safety documents
- Inspect, test and commission high voltage plant and apparatus
- VLF testing of high voltage cables
- Identify and fit circuit designation labels and switch numbers
- Prepare and check high voltage switching schedules
- Fault management
- Participate in an out-of hours emergency response rota
- Collate site and network information to facilitate effective decision making within the department
- Update HV schematic diagrams
- Inspect work sites and perform site safety inspections
- Check Safety Documents
- Implement and provide training programmes for manual and technical staff (CP, AP, etc.)
- Provide technical and engineering advice to working parties
- Assist the O&M department when required
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Currently Senior Authorised Person at 400 kV.
- Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering degree or equivalent.
- First Aid
- Extensive working experience as Senior Authorised Person operating under company HV Safety Rules.
- Electrical engineering
- HV Commissioning Experience
- Substation SCADA/SCS systems experience
- Previously Senior Authorised with a Distribution Network Operator (DNO)
- Preferably National Grid.
- HV fault finding and analysis experience
- Special Requirements:
- Physically fit
- Full driving license required.
- Must be flexible with regard to working patterns.
I’m free for a call on 0121 667 8637 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubicon Consulting is fast becoming one of the leading providers
of highly skilled contract and permanent Engineering specialists in the UK.
We have one of the highest profile Engineering recruitment brands across all market sectors combined with the experience and reach that comes with over 70 years in technical recruitment.
Our combination of industry knowledge and technical expertise means we provide the best possible results every time!
- Design Engineers/managers
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors /Project and Managing QS's
- Bid/Tenders/proposals Engineers /managers
- Commission Engineers/managers
- Senior Authorised Person's/Managers
- Site Engineers/managers
- Health & Safety
- Project Controls/Planning
In the following sectors;
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Health & Safety
- Information Technology
- Management & Executive
Referral Scheme - Know someone who fits this job?
Refer them to us and you could land yourself £200 in the process