The work involves platform extensions, station refurbishment, step free access, telecommunications and power supply upgrades, track modifications and overhead line re-alignment. The project will interface with a signalling upgrade and other Greater Anglia projects.
This is a key strategic project for London which will enable the running of Crossrail test trains.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise the works to ensure the highest standards of Health and Safety are maintained.
- Ensure all setting out is present and correct before works start.
- Ensure that all the relevant Company and NR permits are in place in advance of any site works
- Raise relevant Early Warning Notices, delays and issues to senior management
- Reviewing subcontractors'WPPs
- EnsureWPPsfor all activitiesare in place prior to works commencing, to include arrangements for safe segregation of the public at all times
- Review the drawings and specification to identify errors and omissions and raise these to the attention of the Station Site Manager.
- Be fully conversant with specialists' contract conditions and attendances from the Company.
- Maintain programme and identify opportunities.
- Record resources and monitor outputs against programme.
- Communicate with the Site Manager regarding issues of non-conformances and contractual correspondence.
- Ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
- Ensure a full and accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, specialist attendance is maintained
- Ensure that inspection and test plans, risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works are reviewed, approved and adhered to. Assist in completion of ITP check-sheets as required
- Supervisory responsibility for liaison with: Site Manager, Health Safety and Environmental Team, Client's representative, specialists (variations, performance, working methods, quality etc),other contractors (synchronising activities, setting shared goals)
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors' work on site e.g. civils; M&E; telecommunications; building work
- Interact with the station managers and staff - from Greater Anglia
- Recognised Civil Engineering qualification
- Understanding of Engineering Principles
- Awareness of construction contract law and forms of contract through experience and formal training.
- Good technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practice.
- Relevant CSCS Card
- Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management (IOSH for example)
- Experience of working within the rail environment
HNC/HND in Civil Engineering
Vocational Training (successful experience of project supervision)
Valid PTS card
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.