• Qualified to degree, HND level or relevant experience in Electrical Engineering (preferably with protection & power systems options).
• Minimum 5 years experience in Protection & Control Systems field.
• Ability to interface directly to customers, good communication skills.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE /EXPERIECE:
• Power Systems Engineering. Good PC skills. Working in a substation environment, commissioning of secondary system, secondary system scheme design, ability to read and understand AC/DC secondary systems drawing, and protection refurbishment.
• Engineering protection systems for HV or MV utility applications and have knowledge in various communication protocols: IEC 61850, UCA 2.0, DNP3.0, Courier, MODBUS, IEC 60870-5-101/103/104
• Familiar with ATCC, Synchrocheck & DAR functions and computer networking
• Conduct FAT & assist SAT at customer sites
• National Grid, UK experience (knowledge of NGTS) and client protection / Control System (PACiS and/or Eterra) knowledge advantageous.
• QUALITY - Assist the company Quality Focus programme, strive for continuous improvement at all times, ensure all areas of customer dissatisfaction/satisfaction are addressed and take corrective action when the source of any deviation from required standards is identified.
• HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT - Report immediately all incidents, accidents and inquired to the customer and the Engineering Manager, be aware of specific disposal requirements, ensure correct safety documentation and isolation procedures are in place before commencing work and consult the Engineering Manager before carrying out work outside the original scope of supply.
• KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATIORS - Successful completion of SAS contracts. Power systems knowledge and secondary system / refurbishment scheme design.
• ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES - To assist in any area of the Engineering Environment at the Engineering Managers discretion
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / GENERAL:
• Personal computer skills including e-mail, database, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
• Reasoning abilities to include: defining problems, collect relevant data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
• Language abilities to include: to read/interpret general and technical documentation including tender/contract documents, drawings, schematics, procedures and policy guidelines; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before and deliver formal technical presentations to groups of customers.
• A basic knowledge of a foreign language - especially French - would be beneficial.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines, teamwork is also a requirement.
• Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
• Is able to undertake minimal international travels for training & discussions.
• Is able to drive to customer sites.
• An understanding of the company's working practices and general commercial activities is beneficial.
• Broad knowledge of the company's Protection & Control products.
• An appreciation of cubicle/rack construction is also desirable.
• Site working environment & EHS requirements.
Needs a valid UK driving license