We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Risk Consultant working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
Our client provides services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and our expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.
Successful applicants will been experienced in managing risk associated with major infrastructure, transportation and energy projects. Formal Risk Management qualification
And Membership of an industry recognised institution (APM, IRM etc.)
The role of the Risk Consultant is to support the project management team by leading and embedding programme and project risk management practices on behalf of our clients.
• Lead the development of management and operational risk policies
• Lead the development of risk strategy and functional processes
• Control the run of the embedding consistent processes for the management of risk within the day to day operations of the business unit or project
• Proactively contribute to projects being delivered safely, on time and within budget through the early identification of risk and opportunity.
• certify that projects delivered in adherence with Employer’s Requirements, standards and best practice
• Facilitate of regular risk workshops for the purpose of identification, management and control of risk together with the realisation of opportunity
• Lead the assignment of ownership to the identified risks and opportunities
• Lead the development quantitative identification of risk ( cost and schedule); three point estimate
• Lead risk mitigation, planning and tracking processes.
• Lead the establishment of risk and control indicators
• Lead the process mapping to guide risk management implementation
• Offer advice as to the appropriate level of contingency to be included in the project budget to reflect identified risk.
• Provide information as to the appropriate level of float to be included in the project programme to reflect identified risk.
• encouraging approach to the management of risk and opportunity
• Assist in developing Risk Management plans within the scope of our clients Risk Management Information System, or as directed by a Head of Discipline or Senior Delivery Manager (Risk Management)
• Facilitate Risk identification workshops as required and perform QSRA and QCRA analyses in accordance with project or programme requirements
• manufacture periodic reports covering business activities in a format to be agreed with the Project Manager and Client.
• Updating the risk management database with the latest risk statuses
• recognize the existing processes and client requirements in order to develop further the approach to Risk and Value Management.
• Support the development and implementation of risk and value management strategy at both Enterprise and Project level.
• reconsider and audit Risk Management Plans/ Processes.
• Support Head of Risk Management in business development and the production of proposals
• support in development of tools, techniques and resources to meet the emerging requirements of our market sectors, consistent with a commitment to continuous improvement
• Degree Qualified in an appropriate discipline such as business, statistics, computing or mathematics
• excellent presentation, communication and facilitation skills
• Risk management experience including a minimum of three years’ experience in the construction industry
• Sound knowledge of industry standards and best practices in Risk Management.
• Ability to deliver quantitative risk analyses of cost using industry standard software
• Flexible as to work location and travel to meet the needs of the Business Unit and our clients
• capability to work in a team environment
• Clean driving license
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail with your CV.