Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for Quantity Surveyors – QS, AQS, SQS on a permanent basis based in Nottingham.
Works include all commercial duties required of an assistant quantity surveyor for the telecoms works on the fibre framework, with the position giving support to the commercial team for the specific scheme. A good understanding of NEC contracts is a highly preferable, and in particular option A, B and C.
- Assist the other commercial team members with the running of the scheme
- Direct interface / liaison with the supply chain
- Assisting with subcontract procurement and management
- To maximise profitability working within the requirements of the conditions of a target cost contract.
- Assisting with the identification and management of change control.
- Responsible for keeping both the in house and client early warning and compensation event registers up to date
- Maintain commercial information relevant to the contract.
- Degree or equivalent level
- Solid understanding of NEC3 & 4 conditions of contract
- Commercial management
- Strong negotiation skills and settlement of disputes and accounts relating to customers and suppliers
- Procurement of subcontractors
- Cost and value reporting and cash flow forecasting
- 25 days annual leave entitlement, plus bank holidays
- Discount gym membership
- Optional private healthcare
- Company car or car allowance
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!