We are currently looking for a number of specialists to work on critical security projects around the UK with a base in the South of England.
These are all 12 month contracts with the option to renew, rates are negotiable.
This particular role is for a Quantity Surveyor.
• To provide support to Quantity surveyors and Commercial Mangers in a project team with pre and post contract commercial support for designated packages of work, including subcontract administration, material and labour reconciliation. Assists with projects to ensure successfully delivered within cost and time constraints. Interfaces with Project Managers, Project Engineers, Designers, Construction Managers, Project Employers Teams, Key Stake Holders and Suppliers.
• Assist with commercial functions of various work packages as directed. These may include Design, construction, Test & Commission, Materials, Power, Plant, Professional Services.
• Work with the project delivery team responsible for work package / project change control and management
• Liaise with work package managers to collate information on the works
• Assist with work package cost management, including forecasting, budget management and control
• Provides input to and prepares internal and external commercial reports
• Establish and maintain interfaces with key stakeholders. Eg finance, project management, engineering, subcontractors, suppliers and project Employers.
• Maintaining auditable records for responsible work packages in accordance with contractual requirements
• Manage cost of both direct labour, material, plant and subcontract cost
• Ability to estimate change / variations using various methods
• Able to forecasts cost and measure cost of work complete
• Good negotiation skills
• Assists with the implementation commercial strategies
• Work with limited supervision and manage expectation
• Good communication skills
• Good financial and commercial acumen
• Previous commercial experience working within a contractor side project environment.
• Experience ideally gained in a similar or related contracting construction industry.
• HND/Degree qualified or equivalent and or hold or working towards professional qualification, RICS, CICES
• Strong track record in a contractor side, project environment
• Ability to work under own initiative and under cost or time critical conditions.
• Good basic contractual knowledge and understanding, preferably NEC option C
• Use of Microsoft Office and other software to present high standard of documentation
• Participate in appropriate training activities and encourage and support staff in their development and training
• Good understanding of the Microsoft Office Suite
• Undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this post.
We are also looking for the following:
• Project Manager (2)
• Design Verification Engineer (1)
• Design Engineer (1)
• CAD/REVIT Engineer (2)
• Project Engineer (3)
• Planner (2)
• Senior QS (1)
• QS (1)
• Quality Manager (1)