Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor on a Permanent basis based in Staffordshire.
Please note: We are only able to consider UK born nationals as a security requirement set out by our client.
- Supporting the Project Manager, responsible for the delivery and financial outcome of a project ensuring such activities are in line with the Commercial Strategy and meet all operational, financial, commercial, legislative standards and targets.
- Provide support to Projects and tenders for all commercial activities.
- Responsible for open and adequate communication with the Project Manager, Project teams and Business Manager
- Responsible for the successful management of the commercial aspects of projects from inception through to completion including overseeing contract administration in accordance with the provisions of contract.
- Bid strategy: Supporting the bid process, particularly identifying any significant risks within enquiry documentation, terms and conditions and similar and proposing mitigation thereof.
- Supply Chain: Building positive relationships with subcontractors and ensuring subcontracts are properly let. Ensure Financial and Contractual Control of Sub Contractors accounts, assessing and agreement of variations and assessing and settling of final accounts all in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Projects: Proactively contributing to the effectiveness of a project team performance to include priming Project Managers and their project teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won. In addition active participation in regular progress meetings on a portfolio of projects tracking commercial fundamentals whilst also identifying areas for continuous improvement.
- Commercial Management: Identify, notify, value and agree change (variations, Compensation Events, Claims) in line with contract provisions within required timescales, advising client at the earliest opportunity. Identify project and business risks and develop and implement mitigation strategies to minimise the impact of said risk. Identify project and business opportunities sand develop the necessary strategy to realise those opportunities. All supported by the Senior Quantity Surveyor where necessary.
- Control: Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts. Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions. Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
- Reporting: Supporting the Project Manager contributing to regular and accurate monthly reporting to Business Manager via Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) report
- Must be able to attain UK Security Clearance,
- Driving license
- BA or BSc Degree
- RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership preferred
- Demonstrate use and understanding of NEC 3 / 4 forms of contract
- Excellent knowledge of MS packages inc, Excel, Project and Word
To have successfully completed a minimum of 5 years as in a similar role, working with a project team and with the clients’ surveyor, in a main contracting / Subcontracting or project delivery environment, with experience of working with NEC3/NEC4 contract forms
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!