Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Quantity Surveyor based in Watford on a 6 month contract with potential to extend.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Contract Delivery Team to ensure the contractual control, cost management, profitability and cash management of Civil Engineering, Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes, predominantly in the water industry.
Candidates MUST have ICheme red book and NEC contract experience working on contractor side and must be commutable to Watford.
- Issue sub-contract tender packages and undertake contractual evaluation of the tender returns
- Attend post tender and pre-contract meetings.
- Assess contract risk and work with the site team to develop and manage mitigation plans.
- Undertake cost to complete reviews with the contract delivery teams.
- Attend internal and external commercial review meetings.
- Negotiating with suppliers and subcontractors.
- Manage the commercial aspects of subcontract accounts from procurement to interim and final account agreement.
- Preparation of / assistance with the evaluation and submission of claims for variation works.
- Working with the commercial and operational teams to strive for continuous improvement.
- Maximising value and minimising cost, ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to monitor and manage the operating cost base.
- Developing and issuing of cost reporting as requested by the client in relation to spend forecasts and identifying the variance between actual costs against forecasts within activities.
- Working with the operational teams to deliver and manage performance against the Profit Improvement Plan.
- Ensure that the delivery team are briefed and have sufficient commercial support to monitor and react to budget variances.
- Promote a culture of integration, continuous improvement and use of best practice across the client base.
- Ensure that the group commercial policies are adhered to and that the requirements of legislation are met
- Contracting background (Engineering)
- Full working knowledge of the NEC3 suite of contracts
- Understanding Contractual clauses and identifying risk/onerous conditions prior to engaging in contract with client
- WIP/Cash management
- CTC Management
- P&L reporting
- CVR’S and forecasting
- Change control (EW’s and CE’s)
- Delay and Disruption
- Applications for payment
- Risk and Opportunities management
- Supplier/Sub-Contractor management
- Working to deadlines
- Water Industry Experience
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!