Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for Quantity Surveyor on a permanent based in Stone.
Our client specialises in Nuclear, Energy & Infrastructure and Transmission & Distribution markets.
- Bid strategy: Supporting the bid process, particularly identifying any significant risks within enquiry documentation, terms and conditions and similar.
- Contractual: In accordance with the Project requirements, manage all contractual change control including timely agreement with customers and subcontractors. Contractual issues to be managed with the Project Manager, supported by the Senior Quantity Surveyor as necessary
- Supply Chain: Building positive relationships with subcontractors and ensuring subcontracts are properly let. Ensure Financial and Contractual Control of Sub Contractors accounts, assessing and agreement of variations and assessing and settling of final accounts all in accordance with Company Procedures.
- Projects: Contributing positively to the effectiveness of project team commercial performance to include; priming Project Managers and their teams on key risks/opportunities in customer contracts, effectively participating as necessary in validation of projects won and interrogating and reporting periodic reviews of forecast profit, turnover and cash receipts for all projects together with active risk and opportunity management.
- Reporting: Manage all potential and actual changes to the scope of work, ensuring all variation orders are received and costs are agreed at the appropriate time. Prepare comprehensive information and assess the impact on cost change, installation periods and project completion. Advise client at the earliest opportunity including the provision of correct notices within the required timescales.
- Control: Preparation and submission of Interim application for payment, analysing payment notices and monitoring cash receipts. Progress recovery of outstanding debts and resolution of financial exceptions. Prepare and produce ongoing cost reconciliation and monthly project forecast reporting
- People: Develop proactive and appropriate relationships with both internal and external stakeholders; to provide the appropriate guidance to make good business decisions
- BA or BSc Degree
- RICS , CIOB or equivalent membership preferred
- NEC 3 / 4 experience
- UK Born National (Security requirement) / SC Cleared if possible
- Driving License
- Minimum 5 years experience in similar role, working with a project team and with the clients’ surveyor, in a main contracting or project delivery environment.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!