We are looking for QS’s to work for a large civil firm on an initial 6 months contract across Wiltshire & London
The successful candidate will ensure that all commercial and contractual aspects of the relevant projects are properly managed and controlled in an efficient manner to ensure the maximum return for the Group.
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- To provide assistance, support and guidance on all commercial issues within the Project(s)
- Preparation of internal Cost/Value Reports on a monthly basis to satisfy the requirements of the Commercial Manager / Managing Quantity Surveyor and any other reports which may be required.
- Preparation of Valuations/Applications for Payment on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation in an efficient and timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
- Preparation of Cost Reports to the Client on a monthly basis with full supporting documentation.
- Preparation of earned value calculations and detailed projected project outturn costs on a monthly basis.
- Establishment a robust system of cost allocation/coding which satisfies both internal and external requirements and ensure that it is strictly followed by all the site team.
- Preparation of project final accounts HND/Degree qualification (construction related)
- Commercial astute. Working knowledge of Standard Forms of Contract and Standard Methods of Measurement.
- Computer literate with strong skills in Microsoft Office Applications (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint)
Civil Experience, National Grid knowledge, Onshore substation experience (Civil Bias), full cycle experience, tender experience (Not essential), cost/ value reports, prepare valuations/ applications for payment, earned value calculations, prepare project final account, knowledge of standard forms of contract, computer literate
National Grid Substations, All Civils
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.