Plant/ Production Quality Engineer
Ensures compliance of products and project related documentation within the factory and ensures adherence to Company procedures/work instructions/specifications.
Overall Purpose of the role:
To work within the current quality team reporting directly to the Senior Quality Manager.
Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise the cost of non-quality and promote customer satisfaction and the customer experience. Responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and creating the correct ownership to drive rigor to close the issue in a timely manner robustly and with no impact to the customer. Be able to develop and implement ‘best practice’ that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste, therefore providing continuous improvement. Manage customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Work mostly independently with minimal supervision and deliver to project timelines. Must have the ability to analyse data and provide accurate timely reports.
General and Task Management
• Manage the company NCR system and provide reporting and drive the actions with the required stakeholders to drive/own closure.
• By using RCA/8d/5why methods manage quality issues
• Work with internal and external stakeholders to resolve quality issues that arise as quickly and efficiently as possible to prevent compromising quality and safety.
• Carry out product and process auditing.
• Ensure that control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained.
• Monitor and report quality related KPI’s including Scrap/Rework levels/First time yield.
• Promotion of zero defect and stop the line culture.
• Ensure compliance and assist with the QMS (ISO9000).
• Undertake special projects as required
• Participate in cross-functional teams to aid development and identification of risk on new projects/processes inclusive of using an FMEA approach.
• Contribute to continuous improvement projects and activity.
• Meet with customers during project meetings and final inspections and have the ability to provide and prepare reports and presentations to support those meetings.
• Be flexible in approach and time management to allow tasks to be completed to support the project timelines.
• This position has no direct reports.
• Must be able to work in a team and across teams.
• Must be able to explain/mentor and coach across all stakeholders and levels of the business.
• Support business meetings as required.
• Act as the customer and be the customer’s eyes within the business.
• Be able to liaise and communicate with other departments, customers, suppliers and other service providers.
• Comply with Health, Safety and Environmental Polices.
• Be polite and courteous to others whilst being assertive, resilient and be welcome to change.
• Engage interest and participation of others and has a collaborative approach to working with others.
• Needs to be self-aware.
• Shows moral courage, openness and honesty in all dealings.
Skills and Attributes:
• Be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Knowledge of quality systems and measurement tools and techniques.
• Strong knowledge of Advanced Quality Planning (APQP), Part approval processes (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
• Lean Manufacturing knowledge.
• Understand engineering drawings and manufacturing processes.
• Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
• Be able to self plan and prioritise.
• Negotiation skills.
• Be able to present data effectively
• Analytical skills.
• Understand cost and financial impacts.
Qualifications and Experience Levels:
• Relevant business/commercial or manufacturing/engineering degree preferred, or ONC, A Levels, BTec Diploma level 4 or equivalent NVQ level 4 qualification.
• At least 5 years’ experience in similar role.
I’m free for a call on 0121 667 8637 or email me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubicon Consulting is fast becoming one of the leading providers
of highly skilled contract and permanent Engineering specialists in the UK.
We have one of the highest profile Engineering recruitment brands across all market sectors combined with the experience and reach that comes with over 70 years in technical recruitment.
Our combination of industry knowledge and technical expertise means we provide the best possible results every time!
- Design Engineers/managers
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineers
- Quantity Surveyors /Project and Managing QS's
- Bid/Tenders/proposals Engineers /managers
- Commission Engineers/managers
- Senior Authorised Person's/Managers
- Site Engineers/managers
- Health & Safety
- Project Controls/Planning
In the following sectors;
- Power Generation
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Utilities
- Health & Safety
- Information Technology
- Management & Executive
Referral Scheme - Know someone who fits this job?
Refer them to us and you could land yourself £200 in the process