Our client is a leading engineering firm with a solid footprint within the power transmission industry,
Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for EHV Cable Quality Engineer for a contract position based in North East England.
JOB SUMMARY: Maintains quality standards by approving in-process production, and finished products; recording quality results. Perform inspections and checks in the manufacture of products, partially assembled or finished.
- Required to read, understand and follow work orders and engineering drawing.
- Measures and verifies parts by measuring positions.
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; communicating required adjustments to the operator or production supervisor.
- Approves finished products by confirming specifications; conducting visual and measurement tests; returning products for re-work; confirming re-work.
- Documents inspection results by completing reports and logs; summarizing re-work and waste; inputting data into quality database.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes machining, plating, and grinding
- Good PC skills and experience of Microsoft Office and Smart Fit software
- Report time and material in manufacturing systems
- Perform other duties as required
- Safely run and use required equipment
- Correctly and accurately inspect product using required measuring equipment
- Required to read and understand work instructions, paperwork and drawings
- Minimum level of GCSE math
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- 3+ years of related experience
- Functional and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills; excel, word, SAP, inspection software
- Experience with ISO 9001 quality system
- Attention to detail and have sound judgment.
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!