Rubicon Consulting are seeking candidates for multiple QS roles at varying seniority levels to join an international construction and engineering firm headquartered in Dublin on a permanent basis.
- Skilled and budgeting, reporting, developing BOQ’s, profit plans.
- Undertake and manage interim commercial meetings with the Client and Internal Project Team. Report in detail as required for the Project Manager on the commercial status of the project.
- Ability to read Electrical Technical Specifications and Employers Requirements for low voltage bids, varying for large Data centre projects..
- Managing & interfacing of the tendering process with the various departments, and the timely submitting of the tender.
- Administering the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements
- Follow up on submitted tenders and document the relevant feedback, attend post tender meetings.
- Maintain accurate records and provide necessary detailed backup to support commercial tracking and costing.
- Ability to identify potential commercial risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management. Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties
- Costing and agreeing daily work changes to include managing the subcontractor remeasurement of contract works, site dayworks and site change orders.
- Tangible, proven history with longevity in a similar role, ideally within Electrical Projects or Electrical Engineering
- 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or Construction Economics coupled with Quantity Surveying
- Excellent record keeping and administrative ability
- Experience working with Electrical Projects and/or tenders in excess of £5m
- Knowledge of commercial management and construction quantity surveying
- Overall understanding of the business, client and Sub Contractor relations, and installations
- Ability to manage, develop & retain a large team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills working with clients at all levels of seniority
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!