Our client is currently looking for an experienced Civil QS to work on a Multi-million pound framework for approximately the next two years
Our client is a multi-national civil engineering firm with over 60 year history.
You will be working to the NEC form of contract so it will be essential that you have sold NEC experience.
The role will be office based in the Midlands; however there may be some site travel around the UK to one of their many sites.
The end client for this framework is National Grid so a strong National Grid understating is essential.
Our client will responsible for all civil aspects of security upgrades around substations and gas sites on this framework
It is essential that the jobholder is a focused self-starter with the enthusiasm, motivation and initiative to succeed in this role.
The jobholder must also possess:
- A third level QS qualification with at least two years post qualification experience preferably in a construction environment with a civil engineering bias.
- Highly IT literate with experience of applying IT packages within QS context.
- Previous experience of negotiating and interpreting conditions of contract.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills combined with the analytical and problem solving skills to reach realistic workable solutions.
- Strong commercial focus with ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use initiative to develop new approaches and improve systems.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills and the ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and be able to negotiate and use conflict resolution skills where appropriate.
Should you be interested please contact David Slawinski at our office on 0121 667 8637