Rubicon consulting is currently recruiting for QESH Advisor on a permanent basis based in Nottingham
Our client provides delivery network infrastructure to major communication providers.
- Provide accurate QESH advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on CDM 2015 regulations, compliance as well as environmental issues. This will either be by direct support or use of available expertise within the business unit.
- Assist with the compilation of Risk Assessments, Method Statements etc.
- Provide support and guidance to operational teams, management, and customers on QESH performance and provide root cause analysis to aid relevant coaching and feedback.
- Drive the positive intervention reporting initiative and encourage near miss, positive intervention, and non-conformance reporting
- Assist and support the QESH Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Engage staff and contractors on QESH performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site, including out of hours if required.
- Assist and support with audits by internal and external bodies.
- Assist and support operational management to promote QESH at briefings and internal and external meetings.
- Assist operational personnel with incident investigation; provide advice, support, and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into QESH director for continued improvement of policy, standards etc.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractor’s management systems.
- Support local managers on the contact with QESH regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries.
- Provide feedback on identified QESH risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance.
- Engender and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents
- NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate and/or Environmental Certificate.
- NRSWA Supervisor card.
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely.
- Telecoms (FTTP, PIA, Pre-enablement) experience
- General construction environmental awareness.
- General Utilities quality awareness (Excavation, Reinstatement, Duct Installation etc.)
- Qualified to deliver training in manual handling, face-fit and abrasive wheels desirable but not essential
- Incident investigation and report writing
- Compilation of RAM’s (Risk Assessments & Method Statements)
- Be IT Literate with good presentation
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!