Job specification: -
- Provide accurate QESH advice and support to operational field delivery staff, including advising on CDM 2015 regulations, compliance as well as environmental issues. This will either be by direct support or use of available expertise within the business unit.
- Assist and support the QESH Manager in the preparation of internal and external reports
- Engage staff and contractors on QESH performance on a day to day basis and support the delivery of objectives and targets.
- Undertake audits of contract depots and staff on site, including out of hours if required.
- Assist operational personnel with incident investigation; provide advice, support and guidance on legal framework. Ensure that learning points are fed into QESH director for continued improvement of policy, standards etc.
- Undertake evaluations of existing and potential subcontractors, including annual auditing of sub-contractors management systems.
- Support local managers on the contact with QESH regulators (e.g. HSE, Local Authority, Environment Agency etc.) accompanying them on inspections, audits and responding to complaints and queries.
- Provide feedback on identified QESH risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Provide feedback on identified risks and give advice regarding possible solutions and remedial actions.
- Work within and promote the philosophy of safe team working and development across all company activities to achieve business objectives and continuously improve performance
- Produce and operate in a culture of zero tolerance of accidents and self-inflicted incidents
- Undertaking Root Cause Analysis on Accident / Incident investigations
- Support Occupational Health policy and assessments
- Working towards NEBOSH General, Construction Certificate or Environmental Certificate.
- Must hold NRSWA qualification(s)
- CITB SMSTS or IOSH Managing Safely.
- Must have previous construction experience in the utilities environment
- General construction environmental awareness.
- General construction quality awareness
- A positive approach to work
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Be IT literate with good presentation skills
Salary: £30 – 35k + 25 days holidays (plus bank hols) + Car or allowance, Pension (Plus much more)
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!