Our Client is a leading Engineering Company and is looking for a Digital Controls Systems engineer for a Substation project in Lincolnshire.
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE /EXPERIECE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Digital Controls Systems
- The application of distributed computer architectures, ideally with knowledge of the application of this technology in electrical substations
- Engineering controls systems for HV or MV utility applications and have knowledge in various communication protocols: IEC 61850, UCA 2.0, DNP3.0, Courier, MODBUS, IEC 60870-5-101//103/104
- Familiar with ATCC, Synchrocheck & DAR functions and computer networking
- Conduct FAT & assist SAT at customer sites
- National Grid, UK experience (knowledge of NGTS) and client protection / Control System (PACiS and/or Eterra) knowledge advantageous.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE / GENERAL:
- Personal computer skills including e-mail, database, word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Reasoning abilities to include: defining problems, collect relevant data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Language abilities to include: to read/interpret general and technical documentation including tender/contract documents, drawings, schematics, procedures and policy guidelines; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; ability to speak effectively before and deliver formal technical presentations to groups of customers.
- A basic knowledge of a foreign language - especially French - would be beneficial.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines, teamwork is also a requirement.
- Flexible approach to working hours is essential.
- Is able to undertake minimal international travels for training & discussions.
- Is able to drive to customer sites.
- An understanding of the company's working practices and general commercial activities is beneficial.
- Broad knowledge of the company's Protection & Control products.
- An appreciation of cubicle/rack construction is also desirable.
- Site working environment & EHS requirements.
Needs a valid UK driving license
If you are interested, please get in touch with Natalie on 0121 667 8637 or email me on Natalie@rubiconconsulting.co.uk