The role will primarily involve the product development, product configuration, type registration, design, testing and delivery of Substation Protection and Control Solutions to the client’s customers.
The role will also involve working with other team members in the delivery of the required engineering and supporting tendering activities. It will require the incumbent to possess or develop expert knowledge of Protection and Control solutions to be able to provide the required level of solution delivery and technical support to Customers.
The Protection & Control Systems Engineer will:
- Carry out product development, type registration, configuration and test of substation Protection and Control solutions.
- Carry out P&C design work activities in collaboration with a team of designers and in line with customer requirements.
- Develop and review technical specifications, drawings and applicable standards.
Work closely with Colleagues and Technical Experts if factories around the world to produce compliant solutions to their Customers.
- Establish specialist knowledge in the operation and configuration of the company’s Protection and Control solutions.
- Support in the preparation of estimates, project proposals, and marketing information.
- Work with colleagues to coordinate design activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion to time, cost and quality requirements.
- Select equipment and prepare technical specifications for procurement purposes. Carry out technical bid evaluations and commercial bid evaluations.
- Work effectively with other engineering disciplines, Procurement, CAD design and third party construction organisations, project managers, panel manufacturers and other suppliers.
- Provide technical support to site including resolving site queries, attending site meetings, prepare training courses and provide site and laboratory based training.
- Lead the site \ post event investigations for protection and control solutions and provide post-delivery support.
- Develop training manuals and a knowledge base of known technical and support issues.
- Carry out any other duties that may reasonably be required.
Additional non-mandatory Skills
- TP141 Settings \ P&C CDAE or Principal Designer accreditation would be advantageous
- The ability to develop and oversee the development and maintenance of I/O schedules for substation projects with meticulous attention to detail would be advantageous.
- The ability to carry out FAT and SAT exercises would be advantageous.