We are recruiting for a Project Quantity Surveyor to provide general management of all commercial activities within the project remit within the energy industry.
- Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all functions (procurement, delivery, design etc.)
- Support the project manager in respect of both project and commercial deliverables
- Providing support and mentoring Assistant Q.S within the respective Project.
- Responsible for the management, collation, interpretation and analysis of project commercial records.
- Supporting the Investment Proposal (Target Cost) process through all of the key milestones.
- Production of monthly cost & value forecasts, including monthly project review reports.
- Identification of risks and opportunities to project spend / budgets.
- Provide sub-contractor management to the Project.
- Production of impact assessments, early warning, risk expenditure and compensation event submissions.
- Manage the compliance and suitability surrounding processes and procedures on a project basis.
- Support the Lead QS.
- Liaising with the Project Accountants to establish accurate cost and cash neutrality reporting.
- Support and champion the delivery of the values and associated KPIs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
Good communication, interaction /team working, presentation and negotiation skills.
Track record of developing working relationships quickly and effectively.
Record keeping skills.
Knowledge of the NEC (Option A-E) forms of contract.
Knowledge surrounding management of risk budgets and associated analysis.
Project experience, with involvement in change control and risk management
In the compliance & presentation of cost and value reports, analysis across a portfolio of projects.
Experience in the tender and target cost process and the review of such documents.
Formal Q.S Qualification (HND or BSc)
Other requirements of the job:
Full clean driving licence
Negative result for the compulsory Drugs and Alcohol test in line with Parent Company policy
A requirement to work away from home.