Our client has recently won a new 400kv substation upgrade project on a National Grid Portfolio in the East.
We are therefore actively recruiting an experienced P6 Planner with a strong background in Substation build/ refurb/ extension etc.
My client needs extensive Contractor side experience so it is paramount you have this and not client side knowledge.
This project will run for approximately 18 months and the initial contract period for this role will be 6 months rolling.
The programme has already been created so this will not need to be done from scratch, the baseline is done.
The suitable candidate will have experience in a planning capacity, be hands on with strong interpersonal skills and have the ability to draw information from the project team also you will need exceptional reporting skills to advise senior management in project meetings etc.
This role will be based in the West Midlands and occasion travel to site (Once a month will be needed when delivery begins)
Here are a few other points on this role;
.· Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
· Attend project start-up meetings.
· Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
· In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
· Maintain liaison with Management regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
· Make presentations to Senior Management& Clients as required.
· Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
· Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
· Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
· Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
· Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
· Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
· Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
· Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained
Substations, 400KV, New build and M&E, Busbars