We have a key requirement for a Planner to work on a strategic project based in South Wales.
Responsible for Planning on 2 large construction projects using Asta Power Projects; working on site. ##
Reproduction of best timeline going forward in the design & construction period.
- Planning and programming input into prequalification’s and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology;
- Preparing tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information;
- Liaising with our delivery teams i.e: bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department, Project managers, Commissioning and specialist subcontractors as necessary;
- Preparing presentation material using PowerPoint, Sketch-Up, Paint or similar and presenting our construction proposals at interview;
- Experience of 4D planning desirable;
- At contract stage preparation of programme and works with the site teams to prepare detailed construction programmes, design and procurement programmes and other supporting information;
- Provide on-going support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary;
- May directly supervise a technician or operational staff on rotation;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering or general construction techniques and methodology;
- Suitable level of safety training and to hold an appropriate CSCS card;
- Membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged (desirable);
- Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Power-point)
- Ability to absorb and assimilate project information quickly and to demonstrate clarity of thought in developing and presenting solutions;
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions can be an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but must also be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Confidence to communicate within the company as well as clients, industry professional and suppliers outside the company;
- Capable of preparing programmes using one or more of the project management software packages in use in the company e.g. Asta Power-project, Microsoft Project
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters;
- Site experience (desirable);
- Lean programming skills (desirable);
- NEC compliant programmes;
- Track & re-schedule monthly reports.