Reporting directly to the General Manager the post is specifically focused on:
- The safe and efficient delivery of individual projects to the highest possible construction standards within budget and on time.
- The commercial success of individual projects ensuring the profitable delivery of each project at the pre-calculated margins.
- The management and performance of a discrete group of staff both on site and in support roles to ensure optimum project delivery.
- Project cost control at all times.
- Maximisation of productivity.
- Maintain effective communication both internally, within the business to ensure optimum project delivery and externally, with all customers, developing a relationship of trust on which future business can be secured.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Meeting targets in a commercial environment.
- Managing budgets.
- Planning works in the most efficient manner.
- Managing and motivating staff.
- Delivering strong financial performance in a contracting environment.
- A proven understanding of safety and quality and how to manage them.
- The ability to engage at a specific and detailed level with key tasks, evidenced by those tasks being executed in a highly efficient manner.
The successful jobholder will also possess the personal integrity, resilience and the robustness needed to operate in a fast changing highly commercial contracting environment.