Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Project Manager based in Plymouth on a Permanent basis.
The successful candidate will be delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry, across both Clean and Sewage schemes. The candidate will be based predominantly out of our South West locations, but will be required to travel across multiple sites.
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel
- To have a good understanding of NEC contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI’s and PI’s
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, including CDM regulations, & Environmental legislation
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation
- To ensure compliance with all company safety, environmental and quality systems.
- Liaise with client’s staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
- To manage the project team ensuring that each member has a clear set of objectives. To develop and motivate all team members
- To assist the Delivery Manager with the development of the direct labour resources
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To produce project performance reports and participate in monthly financial / programme reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, Delivery Manager and Regional Director
- To ensure compliance with all company commercial and financial procedures
- Complete contract documentation
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others
- To develop a detailed project programme, in conjunction with the project planner ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and our/client closeout timescales
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!