Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Project Manager based in Rickmansworth on a 6 month contract.
An opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager experienced in successfully delivering schemes of varying sizes predominately to the Water Industry in sewage and clean water.
- Assuming responsibility for the management of project delivery outputs including programme, financial position, health safety, environmental performance and progress for all allocated schemes.
- The ability to manage staff at varying levels, providing leadership, staff development and retention of key personnel.
- To have a good understanding of NEC 3 contract conditions and an astute commercial awareness.
- Responsible for the day to day management of multiple concurrent projects to ensure the successful delivery of the project against the project KPI’s (codebook completion dates for example)
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered in accordance with current Health & Safety regulations, inc of CDM, & Environmental legislation.
- Review/assessment of in-house/subcontractor RAMS, Process Impact Assessments and Environmental legislation.
- To assist the Operations Manager with the development of the direct labour resources.
- To assume responsibility of the financial performance of each project with overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
- To participate in monthly financial reviews for all schemes with the Commercial Manager, ensuring that all Project Engineers have prepared accurate financial performance reports
- Complete contract documentation
- Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
- Prepare estimates and quotations & provide tender vetting for others
- To develop in conjunction with the project planner a detailed project programme ensuring that it is maintained to drive the project to key deliverable milestones.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- To closely liaise with other departments, such as tendering and design, to ensure resources are correctly allocated and client requirements are fully achieved.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
- Ensure that project resources are made available to attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- To ensure all contract documentation such as, “As built” drawings, Commissioning Manuals and Operation and Maintenance Manuals are prepared in line with the client specifications and closeout timescales.
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- H&S qualifications
- IOSH or CITB 5 Day Site Safety Management (SMSTS),
- CSCS card
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!