The Project Manager has full responsibility for ensuring their allocated projects are delivered in line with contractual time, cost and quality criteria. Projects are to follow integrated management to ensure adherence to the strict Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
This is on a UKPN Substation.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure completion of project scope on schedule within budget and in accordance with customer technical specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that all project activities adhere to current policy and procedures and quality standards as defined by our integrated management system.
- Management of the project risk register as formulated at the tender phase.
- Management of cost schedules including reporting of cost to date as well as forecasting cost to come.
- Management of project programmes in conjunction with the project planner.
- Management of project interfaces as appropriate.
- Monitoring and reporting monthly on commercial and technical progress of allocated projects.
- Management of engineering, procurement and construction progress review meetings and preparation of minutes of the meetings.
- Overall coordination between engineering, procurement and construction activities to ensure that allocated projects are completed on schedule.
- Establish and foster good working relationships with all project delivery team members and other stakeholders.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
· To develop and promote a proactive and positive safety culture within your teams and the supplier community to improve the collective safety performance.
· Demonstrate commitment to the SHES agenda through exemplary personal conduct.
· To support ‘Safety by Design’ particularly by addressing construction issues during the development and design stages of a project.
· Ensure health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout any investigation process.
· Compliance with relevant legislation including CDM2015.