The Project Manager has full responsibility for ensuring their allocated projects are delivered in line with contractual time, cost and quality criteria. Projects are to follow the company’s integrated management to ensure adherence to our strict Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To ensure completion of project scope on schedule within budget and in accordance with customer technical specifications and procedures.
- Ensure that all project activities adhere to the current policy and procedures and quality standards as defined by our integrated management system.
- Management of the project risk register as formulated at the tender phase.
- Manage the cost schedules including reporting of cost to date as well as forecasting cost to come.
- Manage the project programmes in conjunction with the project planner.
- Management of project interfaces as appropriate.
- Monitoring and reporting monthly on commercial and technical progress of allocated projects.
- Management of engineering, procurement and construction progress review meetings and preparation of minutes of the meetings.
- Overall coordination between engineering, procurement and construction activities to ensure that allocated projects are completed on schedule.
- Establish and foster good working relationships with all project delivery team members and other stakeholders.
- Establish and foster good working relationships with clients and manage their expectations throughout the project including obtaining feedback on completion.
- To work with the procurement team and major suppliers to improve supplier relationships and optimise procurement efficiency.
- To work together with site team and manufacturers, including the client’s parent company to ensure trouble free installation and commissioning at site. Support their supervisors to ensure they can undertake their role effectively.
- Maximise project value by delivering below budget, meeting relevant KPI’s and avoiding penalties.
- Identification and management of project change in line with relevant contractual requirements.
- Production of quotations for variations if required in conjunction with other staff and team members
- Effective management of the project closure phase and lead the team to complete project closure reports, technical data and customer feedback reports in a timely manner.
- Support the department manager in updating Project Management procedures and related documentation.
- Provide assistance to the tendering team when required in order to ensure secure future work cost effectively.
- Produce lessons learned register on completion of projects and assist with implementing this within the business.
- Ensure the company’s reputation is not compromised.
- Any other ad hoc related duties.
Health, Safety and Environmental:
- To develop and promote a proactive and positive safety culture within your teams and the supplier community to improve the collective safety performance.
- Demonstrate commitment to the SHES agenda through exemplary personal conduct.
- To support ‘Safety by Design’ particularly by addressing construction issues during the development and design stages of a project.
- Ensure health, safety and environmental issues are managed throughout any investigation process.
- Compliance with relevant legislation including CDM2015.