Job Title – Project Engineer (HV Substation)
Our client is renowned for leading this transformation and co-creating the future of energy with customers, providing safe, efficient, reliable, and affordable power to drive economic growth and raise living standards around the world.
Role Summary: -
We are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for a global client for a contract position based in the West Midlands. The successful candidate should be able to pull the design together for a 400kv NG substation build.
Location: West Midlands
Length: 6 Months (ongoing)
The successful candidate should have the following experience; -
Skills and Experience; -
· Substation Design Experience
Job Responsibilities; -
· In addition to taking part in all design review process, the project engineer shall also manage all the technical interfaces between Client and internal / external Partners.
Main responsibilities: -
· Team Management: Motivate the allocated team members from unit disciplines to deliver their scope efficiently, accurately and to time. Encourage innovations which will bring about cost savings and increase client benefit.
· Project Planning: Analyse the proposed project programme to identify technical risks and opportunities.
· Technical Coordination: Coordinate technical issues between Engineering Departments, identifying and managing technical scope definition and interdependencies. Representing the Unit technically to all external Parties. Undertake technical coordination of all the company’s units involved in the tender. Internally be the technical authority representing the client.
· Tender Documentation and Internal Standards: Analyse, define and communicate all technical tender documentation and internal standards to ensure the delivery of the required documents on the project.
· Customer Relations: Be the customer point of contact for technical support when required and foresee market evolutions.
· Requirements: The desired candidate will be educated with an Engineering degree or equivalent, with significant relevant experience in a similar role within the transmission market. Further requirements include Competence in MS office package, good interpersonal skills, proactive behaviour and fluent in English
· Advantageous: the right candidate should have multi-disciplined and have a knowledge of both primary and secondary design, a good understanding of specific equipment etc.
Please contact me 0121 667 8638/ 0786 092 1198 For more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.