Rubicon Consulting are currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for a contract position based in Stafford on a 6 month contract.
The role of project engineer has key objectives to plan, organize and direct the technical activities of the Customer Project, working in parallel with the project Manager, and in close liaison with all Departments of the unit specifically Engineering and Sourcing Departments in order that all technical / engineering activities required to deliver the Project are on time, to budget and quality.
In addition to taking part in all design review process, the project engineer shall also manage all the technical interfaces between Client and internal / external Partners
- Team Management- Motivate and develop the project members and evaluate project team performance in order to achieve on time and on budget delivery of the project.
- Project Planning- Analyse, define and implement the project program in order to identify technical risks and opportunities. Undertake engineering milestone reviews and raise early warnings of time and cost over runs if needed.
- Technical Coordination- Coordinate technical issues internally to the Unit between Engineering Depts, identifying and managing technical scope definition and interdependencies. Representing the Unit technically to all external Parties. Undertake Technical Directorship of projects as required, which assumes the technical coordination of all the companies units involved in the project. Internally be the technical authority representing the client.
- Project Documentation and Internal Standards- Analyse, define and communicate all technical project documentation and internal standards in order to ensure the delivery of the required documents on the project and improve the business performance.
- Customer Relations- Keep contact with the customers in order to deliver technical support when needed and foresee market evolutions.
The desired candidate will be educated with an Engineering degree or equivalent, with significant relevant experience in a similar role within the transmission market. Further requirements include Competence in MS office package. Good interpersonal skills, Proactive behaviour, Fluent in English
Advantageous: Experience of working on 400/132kV ac substation environments is essential. This particular role is focusing on closing out final snagging technical issues and ensuring final documentation is submitted to client and an auditable trail via DMS system is available.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!