Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer for a contract position based in Yorkshire. The successful candidate will be responsible for the individual management of Mechanical / Electrical and Combined schemes predominately for the water industry, with a particular focus on quick turnaround/emergency repair works.
• To outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in-house resources site installation and construction personnel.
• Completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely, timely and within budget
• To Liaise with client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints
• To Attend site visits/meetings.
• Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
• Prepare estimates and quotations
• Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
• Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
• Procurement of plant, materials and specialist subcontractors.
• Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
• Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into operation and maintenance manuals
• Overall responsibility for Profit/Loss on contracts undertaken
• Establishing and agreeing price variations and final accounts
• An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
• Demonstrable experience of working within the water and / or sewage industries with specific experience of reactive/call out type works
• Commercial and contractual awareness
• Ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
• Able to work in a busy environment under pressure
Please contact me on 0121 667 8638/ 07739 756 478 for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting has grown to become a leading recruitment company working in niche vertical markets and has a reputation for supplying specialist talent that is second to none.