We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Project Engineer working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
We are looking for a Project Engineer to organize and control technical support, procurement, programme and quality for the installation and commissioning of all 400kV AC switchyard plant. Covering 2 feeder bays, 6 filters and 3 shunt reactors. The project is in the final stages of the build and will soon commence commissioning. The project is large and fast moving and as such the role is largely site based to encourage excellent communication with the site and commissioning teams and to enable immediate response to urgent issues. The role will increasingly focus on commissioning activities over the next few months and experience of commissioning 400kV AC switchgear to National Grid standards is vital.
• Co-ordinate the response to technical queries from the commissioning and installation staff.
• Manage completion of all outstanding Engineering tasks by writing engineering briefs, facilitate optimum communication between Design Engineers and site staff and drive the implementation of the solutions.
• Procure outstanding materials, test equipment and tools. Develop requirements, write scope documents, compare supplier quotations.
• Liaise with suppliers to resolve equipment issues and shortages, technical queries and commissioning requirements.
• Management of sub-contractor installation and commissioning teams to scope, cost and programme. Monitor sub-contractor performance and approval of invoices.
• Report progress into the main project programme and attend bi-weekly project progress meetings.
• Ensure all site activities are organised and enacted in line with site health and safety rules.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail.