My client has been awarded a £150m contract to build an Energy From Waste plant in Rotherham.
The plant will be based in South Yorkshire, and will provide power to approx 70,000 homes using locally sourced waste wood.
There will be an annual reduction of carbon dioxide waste by around 360 tonnes. The plant will have a capacity of 45 mw.
• The Project Director is responsible for ensuring Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) matters are managed on the Project.
• Providing Project Management skills to ensure that all contractual requirements are met.
• Provides support to all aspects of the Construction Manager's role and that of the project site team.
• Assist Director to plan and allocate appropriate supervisory resources as required by the site management team.
• Support the Commercial Manager and Area Commercial Manager in administering subcontracts.
• Evaluate sub-contractors, and advising the Director and the Commercial Manager on their capabilities.
• Support the Construction Manager in providing site progress reports to the Director.
• Ensure all reporting requirements are met by the site management teams and communicated to the relevant Managers.
• Provide early warnings to the Director on problem issues and potential over spend as soon as they are apparent.
• Provide assistance to the site Project Managers on constructability issues during the planning phase of a project and manage the resource allocation to any early construction activities that may take place during this phase of a project.
• Liaise with all other members of the Contract Team responsible for the delivery of the project safely, on time and on budget.
• Develop Client and stakeholder relationships
• Ensure performance targets, goals and objectives are achieved
• Promote leadership qualities to all levels and encourage the development of individuals
To be considered for the role please apply with an updated CV.