Day to day management of shop floor operatives to ensure adherence to H&S and production targets. Control day to day administration of holidays /and timesheets etc for both internal and external staff. Raise quality concerns and liaise with quality / engineering departments to ensure rapid containment and resolution
SKILLS: (Health and Safety, engineering, VSC Valve, manufacture, health and safety, leakage lost, production, team leader, Structured Root Cause Analysis, Safe working Practice, )
The main responsibilities of this role will include the following:
• Day to day management of shop floor operatives to ensure adherence to H&S and production targets.
•Control day to day administration of holidays /and timesheets etc for both internal and external staff.
• Run production operatives flash 5 meetings and participate to flash 30 meetings to communicate status of builds and key KPI’s.
• Complete daily recording of leakage lost time measures, and carry out analysis and subsequent development of corrective actions where applicable.
• Ensure line-side quality documentation i.e. alerts / key points are created and maintained to ensure right first time manufacturing is controlled.
• Support development of manufacturing process proposal and supporting documentation that is aligned with current advance manufacturing techniques (Lean) to facilitate and subsequently implement VSC Valve manufacturing capacities.
• Participate to cross functional working groups with Valve Engineering & Sourcing to facilitate Redesign to cost and Design for manufacture initiatives.
• Support the management structure as required in the selection / hiring / training of Production operatives.
• Maintain operator training matrix.
• Support process improvement actions that will result in sustainable productivity improvements without impairing product quality.
• Co-operate and work in conjunction with the relevant personnel to ensure best practice with regard to environment health & safety issues.
• HNC/HND or equivalent with more than 5 years’ experience in a factory/manufacturing environment.
• Advanced Manufacturing Methods and subsequent Implementation. (Lean)
• Safe working practices within a working environment. (EHS)
• Ability to motivate and empower workforce to achieve business objectives.
• Manage facility output targets, monitor & report on actual against target.
• Team management competence and knowledge of associated HR requirements
• Experience of Undertaking Structured Root Cause Analysis (8D) within a manufacturing environment.
• Planning and Organising Staff shift rota’s & tasks
Please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail