Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to be based in Warrington.
Job specification: -
- Technical leadership for the mechanical design function including being responsible for managing and further developing sub-processes and mechanical design activities we undertake
- Ensuring technical excellence working across design teams to seek optimum solutions and drive our teams to produce efficient designs that balance capital and operational costs and benefits. Identify and manage opportunities of risks, promoting innovation in our outputs, and ensuring that procedural technical governance is adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring that applicable industry standards and codes of practice are upheld, and working with designers, ensure that they abide by client particular specifications and requirements
- Working with our wider project delivery teams you will ensure that health and safety is at the heart of what we do, safeguarding our workforce, our clients’ personnel and the public by implementing designs that can be safely and efficiently built, commissioned, optimised, operated and decommissioned.
- Technical problem solving on projects in delivery. Moreover, you will be responsible for ensuring that these issues are identified, avoided, reduced, or safely managed, through technical governance and risk and opportunity management. Lessons learnt on projects, both good and bad must be fed back and promoted or avoided on future schemes
- Technical development of staff – whilst this role does not include line management responsibilities, a strong drive to share and impart knowledge to our teams is essential as is the need to mentor and develop our expanding design team
- Encourage and support development of our staff towards professional accreditation and chartered status, as well as STEM engagement with local schools, colleges and universities to encourage engineering as a career.
Our client is looking for in a candidate:
- Industry applicable BEng, BSc or equivalent in a mechanical discipline
- Significant experience and understanding of water and sewage treatment and their component processes
- Extensive water industry mechanical design expertise
- Working knowledge of CDM
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and / or Google software packages
- Chartered Engineer (or able and ready to progress to chartered status)
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and FEA software’s would be an advantage
What our client can offer you:
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- 5% pension contribution
- 3x salary life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)
Please contact me for more information should this be suitable, alternatively, if you know someone who may be looking for a job like this, please feel free to pass this on.
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!