Our client is looking for a Principal Civil Engineer to support the delivery of £360 million of capital investment on behalf of Scottish Water over the next six years.
CWA services consist of programme management, design, rehabilitation and construction of pipeline and distribution network projects across Scotland.
In line with the growth of CWA we are actively looking to expand the team with the addition of a Principal Civil Engineer to manage designs and design teams and to deliver potable water pipeline projects including all associated civil engineering inputs.
Based in Stepps, Glasgow, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to deliver the detailed designs of potable and raw water pipeline and distribution projects in a challenging and rewarding environment. This is a team lead role with responsibility for timeous delivery, quality, team management and staff mentoring in a thriving business.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.
- Drive the key role of technical lead on large and multiple projects, or programmes of smaller projects, where appropriate;
- Manage a multi-disciplinary team to complete technical project delivery;
- Mentor Senior Engineers/Engineers to promote their technical and professional development;
- Technical checking of work;
- Client, contractor and supply chain management;
- Ability to manage your team’s workload to programme, cost and quality requirements;
- Relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. Open channel and pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design, understanding of other engineering disciplines;
- Understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems - for example both traditional engineering solutions and sustainable solutions;
- Ability to demonstrate the above through past experience.
- Chartered Engineer with CIWEM or the ICE;
- Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant field;
- Significant and relevant experience of working in Senior or Principal Engineer position on water infrastructure projects;
- Relevant technical skills for the water industry - e.g. Pressure systems, pipeline hydraulics, civil engineering design and an understanding of other engineering disciplines;
- Significant understanding of construction and operational requirements within design;
- Significant understanding of the application, benefits and limitations of a wide range of solutions to problems;
- Ability to manage teams and provide mentorship to your team members.
The salary for this role is negotiable and we offer an extensive benefits package, which includes private healthcare, gym membership, season ticket loans and a contributory pension scheme.