This Contract role will be responsible for delivering and managing the technical and design teams controlling and refining their input on major London Underground refurbishment projects.
NB: This role will suit a formerly experienced Electrical (Rail) systems Design Engineer, who has since moved into Project Management.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE SOUGHT:
• Take responsibility for railway electrical infrastructure deliverables and timeframes in line with existing deadlines and expectations
• Carry out design reviews to insure these meet system expectations on a wide variety of infrastructure projects in the railways environment and for rail electrification projects
• Prepare reports and similar documentation to client requirements
• Set and manage project, technical, safety and quality targets/objectives
• Manage a wide variety of single discipline and multi-disciplinary projects
• Display awareness of the Company Business Plan
• Develop and maintain client relationships
• Prepare bids and tender submissions
• Create business opportunities and follow through prospects
• Deliver discipline specific projects profitably
• Manage performance and team development
• Contribute effectively to planning and budget cycles
• Manage projects and internal costs to maximise return for business and ensure targets are achieved
• Take responsibility insuring rigorous design solutions and checking
PROJECT DETAILS AND KNOWLEDGE IN:
• Knowledge of Traction power systems design for AC and DC based rail systems in particular in an LUL environment.
• Historic LV and HV design distribution and control experience ideally including earthing and touch potential mitigation
• Rail infrastructure experience, including signalling supply interfaces and line-side distribution
• Proven Rail system Project management experience
• DNO interaction experience
• LUL assurance processes
• Providing on-site design management support during the construction phase of traction power substations
• Contributing to bid Team documents
• Have appreciation level knowledge of other railway LV systems including station power supplies, station services, signalling power supplies, etc.
The Preferred Qualifications of the Principal Traction Power Design Engineer
• Chartered Engineer/Incorporated Engineer (preferred)
• BEng or BSc in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent (preferred)
• HND Electrical Engineering (minimum) or equivalent
Interested candidates, please feel free to call me on 0121-667 8637 for additional information or send me an e-mail.