PROJECT SUMMARY - London Bridge Station Redevelopment:
London Bridge Station Redevelopment is a complex, multi-disciplinary project and is a critical part of the Thameslink Key Output 2 Programme.
The works generally comprise the design and reconfiguration of the platform and track layouts along with the provision of a new street level concourse.
This includes structural and civil works for new bridge decks, platforms, buttress walls andfaçades along with the installation and commissioning of the associated mechanical, electrical and public health systems and fit out of the new concourse and back of house areas.
We are working in a collaborative delivery team with Network Rail. The planner will need to be able to work in a collaborative environment and 'manage' various aspects of the programme that has an approximate value of £650m over 6 years.
The project is being delivered in 9 major stages through to completion in May 2018.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Planning Manager, the Senior Planner will be accountable for the provision of expertise and systems for the planning and scheduling and project controls on the project utilising Primavera P6 planning software.
The role is based in the project offices at London Bridge.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- To manage the planning, programming and progress control as an integral member of the management team, responsible for all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
- The planner should ideally have experience of completing accurate, detailed possession plans.
- To liaise with clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and local authorities and undertakings on all matters relating to planning and programming.
- Ensuring the production of fully integrated programmes in the format required by the customer and project team that includes design, procurement, consents, construction and commissioning.
- Appraisal and co-ordination of all subcontractors' programmes and feedback to them on changing main programme information.
- To prepare and present reports on programme and progress on all aspects of the project, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
- Update progress and production of variance reports as requiredincluding critical path and earned value analysis and mitigation proposals.
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
- To prepare comprehensive site layouts sequences and prepare presentations as necessary (PowerPoint,Visio).
- Implementation of Company procedures.
- Working collaboratively and openly with the delivery team in the production and reporting of the programme and maintaining a good working relationship with them.
- Degree (desirable) / HND (minimum) in Civil Engineering
- CSCS card required
- Minimum 10-years industry experience of general civil engineering industry experience with a substantial period in rail projects.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 essential
- Experience of programme submissions and updating to NEC requirements is desirable.
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy to the wider team
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment
To be considered for the position, please apply with an updated CV today.