Our Client is looking to recruit a Planning Manager for a permanent position based in Bristol.
Filton Abbey Wood - 4 Track Capacity Improvement is a design and build project to undertake installation of 15 km of track renewal, upgrading 17 existing railway structures including 4 bridge reconstructions for electrification clearance and upgradeto two stations in order to improve capacity of the local network for Network Rail Infrastructure Limited. Overall value is circa £30m over a 2.5 year design and construction period commencing October 2014.
The civil works involve bridge demolition, piling and soil nailing, embankment and cutting stabilisation earthworks, and construction of a new road and foot bridges. The project also involves platform extensions and upgrades including M&E works, CIS, CCTV, PA help points and external lighting. The rail works include replacement track bed, track drainage,track and the diversion of rail side communications GSMR Masts and cables.
With the varied scope come a number of challenges including approval of design and interfaces with the numerous work packages.
The contract will be Network Rail 12 (NR Amendments to ICC Target Cost Version (August 2011))
Project Offices will be based on site in Bristol.
- A full understanding of Contract requirements and the Works Information
- Development, maintain and update the Clause 14 Contract programme
- Developing programmes for instructed variations / Change Control
- Establish Project Control processes / procedures for project including Monthly reports and dashboards and update monthly
- Attendance at progress meeting
- Challenge programme to help develop innovative solutions and programme / cost / quality / safety benefits
- Identified Project Critical Success factors, translate and communicate to team as project milestones / goals / Targets
- Develop KPI's / Programme / Production performance monitors
- Establish and maintain EVA monitoring / reporting as required by TW and NR
- Input into monthly contractor progress reports, PMR, PRM
- Input into BIM model (Programme in Vico Office Software)
- Review, challenge and coordinate collation of weekly rolling programme
- Raise Early Warnings of programme slippage
- Assist with input to Project Risk Register and identified opportunities and mitigation
- Take an active approach to problem solving
- Support Commercial team in Sub Contract procurement / cost reports / EVA
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction
- PTS - desirable
- Experience of working on rail projects with Network Rail Client
- Knowledge of ICE Conditions of Contract - Target Cost
- Setting up system to manage EVA / Project controls / Monthly Reporting
- Good knowledge of Primavera P6
- Knowledge and experience of planning in BIM Vico Office Software
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Applies collaborative approach
- Strong communication skills
- Compliance with company procedures
- Vigorous attention to detail
- Strong Planning and Organisational Skills
- Customer Orientation and Focus
- Attitude to challenge the norm
To be considered for the position, please apply with an updated CV.