Our Client is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. They provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment. Their expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources.
To provide planning services on assigned projects
• Lead on small projects
• Part of team on large projects
• Plan and prioritise own work to ensure that functional project requests on scope, time and cost are met
• Contribute to the planning strategy for assigned projects, so that the approach taken in each case is effective and appropriate to the project needs and client requirements
• Set up the base line plan for assigned projects and monitor progress against this plan, so that any problems are recognised promptly
• Report on progress and earned value, to support financial forecasting and any necessary corrective action
• Proactively identify and highlight any progress issues which threaten successful delivery of the project, so that recovery action may be taken
• Provide planning input to estimating and tendering activity on assigned projects, so that all relevant issues, actions and risks are understood and taken into account
• Work with the company values to ensure that work complies with all necessary corporate, departmental and legislative requirements and procedures, to guarantee that the necessary consistency and quality of delivery is maintained.
• Develop planning experience and skills, moving towards the capability to move to a more senior role and towards professional qualification
QUALIFICATIONS/ KEY PERFORMANCE
• Good communication is a key aspect of the position. Key contacts within the production are discipline engineers, construction engineers, procurement personnel, other members of the planning team, cost control, project managers, business development, and estimating and proposals teams.
• Contacts outside the business include typically the planners and/or project controls manager in
• Communication is via all normal media. It includes specifically the assimilation of complex data and reporting of that information in a format readily understood by others.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST:
The following behaviours are expected in order to meet our objectives of technical excellence and leadership and support our values:
• Minimum HNC/D
• Conversant with planning software and tools (preferably Primavera P6)
• Basic project management skills
• Capable of managing own work
• Commercial awareness
• Significant relevant experience in project planning
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in contracting environment and contracting styles
• Relevant design / site experience
• Appreciation of Cost Engineering
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call me or send me an e-mail.