Manager – Martin Cole
SKILLS: M&E Onshore substation experience, full cycle experience, Cost resourcing, Primavera P6, attending project start-up meetings
ID - 11380
Our client is a global engineering firm and have recently won a large substation build project North of Aberdeen.
We are looking for a hands on site planner to be site based and monitor the plan in P6 and report back accordingly.
The ideal candidate will need to have strong interpersonal skills to work with the site to to gain updates on progress and ensure slippages are dealt with accordingly.
This will be a 12 month contract with the option to renew.
Rate £400 per day
· Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
· Attend project start-up meetings.
· Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
· In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
· Maintain liaison with Management regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
· Make presentations to Senior Management& Clients as required.
· Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
· Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
· Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
· Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
· Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
· Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
· Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
· Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.
Substations, 400KV, New build and M&E
If you are interested in any of the above, please respond via email and I will be in touch with further details.