My client is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. They provide services to transform the built environment and restore the natural environment, and their expertise ranges from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transport networks, and from developing the energy sources of the future to enabling new ways of extracting essential resources
Your role will also include the following:
• Responsible for ensuring that projects are planned, managed and delivered to the highest standards of safety, compliance, customer excellence and commercial control.
• Management of the entire site and control of all resources to complete the works satisfying the requirements of the design, legislative (e.g. CDM), regulatory and following the company’s technical standards, policies and procedures.
• Surveying, organising, planning and liaising with internal and external stakeholders and contractors
• Undertake site inspection of projects focusing on the safe, compliant delivery of all activities in progress and quality of work completed
• Undertake or assist with incident reporting, investigations, submission of final reports as well as close out of remedial actions.
• Undertake or be working towards Temporary Works Supervisor duties for temporary works operations.
• Continually monitor performance and foster a culture of team working and safety, creating a background of zero harm and Injury Free Environment.
• Contribute in effective and appropriate planning to ensure optimum competent resource is available.
• Deliver the required targets and key performance indicators of the contract.
• Ensure formal site audits are carried out
• Deliver as appropriate toolbox talks, safety briefings and team briefs.
• Ensure Routine Operation permitry is submitted in a timely manner.
• To carry out standby and call out duties as required
• Proactively work with customers to ensure that you and the team offer an excellent customer service
• Minimum HNC/D
• Conversant with planning software and tools (preferably Primavera P6)
• Basic project management skills
• Capable of managing own work
• Commercial awareness
• Significant relevant experience in project planning
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experience in contracting environment and contracting styles
• Relevant design / site experience
• Appreciation of Cost Engineering
If you would like any more information Please feel free to call me or send me an e-mail.