We are looking for planning engineers to work for a large engineering firm building and refurbishing substations.
The successful candidate will prepare analytical programmes for a given project to be used within the tender submission.
Following the submission of the tender you will be attending meetings and record all changes to the tender programme.
You will be assisting the Senior Estimator and Estimating Manager in the preparation of the overall bid as necessary.
Civil & M&E Experience, National Grid knowledge, Onshore substation build experience, full cycle experience, tender experience (Not essential), Cost resourcing, Primavera P6, attending project start-up meetings
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
- In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
- Maintain liaison with Estimating Manager regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Make presentations to Estimating Manger, Senior Management& Clients as required.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
- Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
- Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
- Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
- Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
- Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.
Substation Builds and Refurbishments
If you are interested in any of the above, please respond via email and I will be in touch with further details.