Substation experience (M&E Bias), full cycle experience, tender experience (Not essential), Cost resourcing, Primavera P6, attending project start-up meetings, Engineering background
We are looking for planning engineers to work for a large M&E firm on an initial 6 months contract across London
The successful candidate will prepare analytical programmes for several projects. Reporting back to various senior team members
- Establish and promote best practice in health, safety and environmental matters in conjunction with the SHQE department.
- Attend project start-up meetings.
- Prepare and maintain detailed engineering and construction schedules including development of critical path and project float.
- In conjunction with Senior Estimator establish the plan and document scope, develop project schedules and or preliminary cost estimates.
- Maintain liaison with Estimating Manager regarding project planning by conducting analyses and preparing reports.
- Make presentations to Estimating Manger, Senior Management& Clients as required.
- Monitor hours and costs to determine trends and to assist in forecasting.
- Evaluate scope changes, cost trends, additional work orders and other elements.
- Ensure the maintenance of all essential documentation.
- Competent use of industry software in particular Primavera P6.
- Prepares project budgets and cost estimates, schedules and coordinates resources and tasks to complete projects on approved budget with aid of Senior Estimator.
- Participates in the development of timetables and schedules for projects.
- Coordinates the review of estimated design costs including equipment, installation, labour, materials, preparations, and other related costs.
- Coordinates projects with all affected parties to ensure projects are completed on schedule and government regulations and health and safety requirements are maintained.
If you are interested in any of the above, please respond via email and I will be in touch with further details.