We currently have an exciting new opportunity for a Planner (Civils) working for one of the biggest names within the industry.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will be providing planning management and support to the Pre-Contract Team. You will be based at the Northern Ireland Office, but occasionally at the Companies Sites in the UK.
• Produce Tender programmes compliant with ITT, Tender Sum, Design (where appropriate), Assurance and Methodology agreed with suppliers and bid team.
• Produce other Programme Tender Deliverables as required by Pre-Contracts Director.
• Deliver presentation of Tender Programme to both Internal and External Clients.
• Cost and Resource loading of Tender Programme to ITT requirements.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Manage the Primavera P6 programme for each tender and its storage in the companies Enterprise Database.
• Provide detailed support and assistance to the bid team in order to enable the team to evaluate key points on the critical path and test and change logic where previously agreed to either improve upon the tender programme or to highlight key concerns.
• Produce programmes, reports and / or extract filters as required by the bid team, including indication of deviation from the baseline programme in P6 format.
• Attend progress meetings with Internal and External Customers and deliver presentations on the tender programme as may be required.
• The management of designers and other suppliers programmes to ensure their sequence of works are fully integrated into the tender programme.
• Providing technical input and advice as necessary.
• Introducing improvements and innovations where appropriate.
• Understanding of the construction process, such that works are planned and designs are developed with appropriate regard for buildability.
• Possessing a sound understanding of engineering principles and their application.
• Some experience of planning civil engineering projects both at tender and delivery stage. Knowledge of Primavera P6 Software.
• General awareness of commercial issues relating to construction contacts. Ability to recognise and record change events during the tender process.
• Some site experience of civil engineering projects in a management or supervisory capacity.
• Experience and knowledge of design and / or construction of temporary works.
Essential: Educational Qualification in Civil Engineering - Ideally educated to degree level but HND / HNC or equivalent may be appropriate.
Desirable: Professional Qualification in Civil Engineering - Chartered or Incorporated Member of professional body or working towards it.
Should you be interested in more details, please feel free to give me a call or send me an e-mail with your CV.