We are currently recruiting for a site based Planner within our client's Civil Engineering Division.
Applications will be considered for available roles within the region specified in the application process.
To provide construction planning and programming input for projects at prequalification, tender and contract stage by developing an accurate assessment of sequence, methodology and time. Reproduction of best timeline going forward in the design & construction period.
- Planning and programming input into prequalification’s and bids which will involve developing the construction methodology;
- Preparing tender programmes, method statements phasing drawings and other supporting information;
- Liaising with our bid managers, estimators, designers, temporary works department and specialist subcontractors as necessary;
- Preparing presentation material using PowerPoint, Sketch-Up, Paint or similar and presenting our construction proposals at interview;
- Experience of 4D planning desirable;
- At contract stage preparation of programme and works with the site teams to prepare detailed construction programmes, design and procurement programmes and other supporting information;
- Provide on-going support to site teams to review progress or update programmes and report as necessary;
- May directly supervise a technician or operational staff on rotation;
- To support and be familiar with own role and responsibility in respect of Business Continuity Planning. Ensuring that team members are also aware of the plans and communicates same.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Keen interest in and a good knowledge of building, civil engineering or general construction techniques and methodology; Suitable level of safety training and to hold an appropriate CSCS card;
- Membership of a professional body e.g. CIOB or ICE is encouraged (desirable);
- Familiarity with the standard Microsoft Office suite of software (particularly Word, Excel and Power-point)
- Ability to absorb and assimilate project information quickly and to demonstrate clarity of thought in developing and presenting solutions;
- An ability to think laterally and apply innovative solutions can be an advantage;
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload but must also be able to work effectively as part of a team;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills;
- Confidence to communicate within the company as well as clients, industry professional and suppliers outside the company;
- Capable of preparing programmes using one or more of the project management software packages in use in the company e.g. Power-project, Microsoft Project, Primavera;
- An understanding of the design and procurement process and an awareness of contractual matters;
- Site experience (desirable);
- Lean programming skills (desirable);
- NEC compliant programmes;
- Track & re-schedule monthly reports.