Rubicon Consulting is currently recruiting for a P6 Planner based in Staffordshire on a 3 month Contract.
As a Software Project Planner, you will be responsible for the create end to end plan of the Controls SW engineering department, which will be embedded within the overall HVDC Project schedule. Controls SW department execute project based on Agile (Scrum) methodologies, and P6 scheduled follow concepts of waterfall in terms in sequence of activities. You will be responsible for keeping core concept of both methodologies intact and devise/propose the plan to achieve the target of both P6 schedule and Agile based SW schedule.
You will be responsible for liaising with the Project Manager in order
to ensure that your software controls team is on plan to deliver the necessary software components of an HVDC system required by the project. You will use P6 and tool for Project plan and should be able to use JIRA as the main Software Development management tool and with the team working in a Scrum style manage the backlog of work to be delivered via Sprints according to the overall project schedule. You will also have to report on your progress on a weekly basis and contribute to our wider team's continuous improvement initiatives in order to improve the overall Project Delivery process.
The role will suit a confident people leader with good clear communication skills and people skills. Some demonstrable experience of Project Management is essential as is knowledge of Agile / Scrum principles. P6 usage is also a must here but good experience with similar tools would be acceptable since concepts would be similar. Good I.T skills are also required for production of PowerPoints and Excel reports. Experience in HVDC or Power systems would be a real advantage but similar experience in large scale control systems would be advantageous.
• Creating the software plan to ensure on-time delivery of software according to the project milestones.
• Participate in daily stand up meetings in line with the Scrum methodology and ensures that resources are fully engaged on the project
• Arrange and participate in other meetings as required
• Ensure that resource requirements are raised and managed effectively
• Ensure that the engineering functions understands and tracks against its budget
• Create and present clear project reports according to the standards that have been defined
• Manage project risk and mitigation plans as required
• Demonstrates process conformance and quality assurance throughout the software development lifecycle
The candidate will typically be educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science and have at least 5 years’ experience in a relevant industry. The candidate will also have some demonstrable Project Controls experience ideally with current qualifications in this field. The candidate will be able to speak clearly and concisely and understands the importance of giving consistent information. The candidate will be comfortable in working to tight deadlines, be flexible in working times when required and bring a practical approach to solving problems.
• Educated to degree level in electrical, electronic engineering or computer science
• Experienced in Project Controls from a relevant Engineering Environment
• Demonstrable understanding of Software Delivery and Lifecycle
• Clear and concise communication style
• Good written and spoken English
• Comfortable in managing teams of technical people
• Practical experience of P6 and JIRA
• Practical experience of Scrum
• Understanding of power electronics
• Good at sharing knowledge and experience
• Able to work in a high-pressure environment
• Able to work to deadlines with high quality
Rubicon Consulting is a Talent management consultancy which helps you to optimise business performance and competitive advantage by choosing the right people first time!