Our Client is looking for an Operations Manager to work as part of a central integrated management team, within the Telecoms Operational delivery team, based out of our office in Warrington.
The purpose of the role, is to provide safe, efficient management of the contracts, provide strong leadership for the operational and planning function and to act as ambassador with the client.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Ensure that all QESH procedures are adhered to and that all activities are carried out with due regard to the Health and Safety of all employees, clients and members of the public
- To provide clear and inspirational leadership to the regional team, that results in the delivery all contractual targets and devolves ownership of this delivery to individual team members
- Control and manage resources within the contract, to achieve the productivity and efficiency targets set
- Manager and plan the contract resources and activities to meet the financial, operational, environmental and quality targets
- Ensure that all employee relations issues on the contract are managed efficiently and effectively. Provide constructive challenge whilst building project teams which encompass various disciplines (eg. Ops / NRSWA / Scheduling / Commercial).
- Continual review of resources and activities with a view to maximising the operational performance and ensuring cost effectiveness.
- Repeated examination of existing working practices with a view to introducing alternatives promoting efficiency, through monitoring and analysing performance.
- Look for ways to increase/ exceed customer satisfaction whilst maintaining the company’s financial position.
- Be responsible for the P+L for the area of operation. Have a complete understanding on the financial status of the area of responsibility and be able to report as required on level of performance and adherence to targets.
- Be accountable for cashflow for the area of procedure and the timely resolution of accounts.
- Deliver support to the Operations Director in all areas of the contract as required
What we're looking for in a candidate
- Wide-ranging experience of working in the utilities contracting industry (Telecoms delivery)
- Overall experience of manager a high performing team
- Hands-on and positive approach
- Excellent organisational and IT Skills
- The ability to work well and perform under pressure