We are currently looking for an enthusiastic individual with a good appreciation of waste to energy plants (at either EPC or Principal Contractor level).
The successful applicant should be an experienced Operations Manager willing to work from various sites throughout the UK.
Preferably qualified of Chartered Engineer status, the successful candidate will be required to lead and deliver a high value portfolio of waste to energy projects throughout the UK.
Knowledge of delivering successful design and build/ construct-only projects is essential.
- Supporting and managing the construction of a number of large scale EFW plants;
- Ensuring the long term sustainability of the business;
- Operating the business in accordance with the legislation;
- Adherence to corporate governance requirements;
- Contributing to policy decisions of the company;
- Increasing the business market share through developing contacts and effective marketing;
- Being aware of economic and social influencing factors which might affect the business;
- Seeking work streams which increase profitability and enhancing market value;
- Obtaining customer feedback and reacting when appropriate;
- Recruiting and developing staff to ensure adequate succession planning;
- Ensuring company systems are operated and developed;
- Enforcing company discipline when required;
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Senior management and responsibility role within a similar environment;
- Senior management role in associated services;
- Demonstrable relationships within the waste sector;
- Proven ability and success in delivering large scale multi-discipline projects;
- Detailed knowledge of the waste Sector;
- Evidence of business unit development and building business skills;
- An understanding of energy from waste processes;
- Working knowledge of other civil engineering sectors;
- Comprehensive understanding of the principles of contract law;
- Commercially astute and able to gain competitive advantage;
- Understanding of production budgets and ongoing monitoring of financial performance;
- Knowledge of construction planning/costs in use;
- Excellent appreciation and application of Health & Safety in the work place;
- Team player with collaborative behaviours;
- Demonstrable evidence of skills development in self and others.
- Degree qualified in an appropriate discipline;
- Membership of professional body with chartered status e.g. CIOB or ICE;
- CSCS card or equivalent;
- Able to articulate clearly a business vision and ambition;
- Able to easily develop strong relationships and leverage these for business development;
- Commercially astute with an awareness of changing market conditions and influences;
- Good knowledge and experience of differing conditions of contract;
- Knowledge of market and competitor intelligence, benchmarking and knowledge management;
- Experience of working in Joint Venture and private finance areas;
- Ability to inspire, motivate, recruit, develop and manage a senior team;
- Possess commercial acumen and proven ability to continually develop business relationships and markets;
- Ability to negotiate and influence at a senior level;
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strategic awareness with an ability to translate strategic objectives into operational plans and manage their delivery;
- Customer focussed with a drive for continuous improvement and service delivery.
To be considered for the role as Operations Manager please apply with an updated CV.