Our client is looking to recruit a Operational Technician for a Contract or Permanent role based in the Newcastle area.
- Supervision / installation/ basic commissioning of products in the UK & overseas.
- Engineering/Production support during manufacturing & testing.
- On – site warranty support and problem solving.
- Support Operations delivery team as required.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION:
- Reports to the Operations Manager – Services.
- Part of the Services Operations delivery team.
- May have staff reporting to them as part of the product installation phase.
SCOPE OF JOB:
- Be prepared to travel within the UK and overseas on worldwide basis.
- To undertake site and factory testing and pre-commissioning activities to customer specification on the range of technical equipment.
- Provide on-site technical support and control within their competence to other team members, including sub-contractors as required.
- To manage contract requirements on site and liaise with the project manager and customer.
- To liaise with Services engineering in determining rectification issues during commissioning, warranty and upgrade and other contracted works.
- To ensure staff are “set to work” adequately, including provision of risk assessments and method statements and general safety.
- To oversee and be responsible for the achievement of the daily/weekly work programme and to provide feedback on progress to the Project Manager and client.
- To check, monitor and authorise the weekly time sheets of the staff for which they are responsible.
- Provide site programs and resource / manpower requirements as required through the project manager.
- Maintain and be responsible for high standards of Health, Safety & Environment - including reporting of all accidents, incidents and serious near misses to the project manager.
- Maintain site customer relationships to achieve long-term retention and satisfaction for growth potential.
- To assist the Operations project delivery team in preparation of Inspection & test plans, site programs and general documentation.
- Participate in 3i, TOP+ cost reduction and sales stimulation ideas creation and delivery to the overall benefit of the business.
- Make full use on the Non-conformance reporting (NCR) tool ensuring all project related NCR’s are closed out in a timely manner.
- ONC/HNC Qualified in a suitable engineering subject.
- Occupational Health Qualification – desirable.
- CITB Supervisors qualification or equivalent.
- Trained on product appropriate range (will be provided)
- Must be able to use all Microsoft applications: – MS-Project, Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- Must be able to use computer based interrogation equipment (MMI)
- Demonstrable evidence of successful installation & supervisory skills for staff and contractors including setting to work of staff.
- Must be able to work on own initiative when on site for problem solving and provide innovative solutions.
- Working knowledge and practical experience of Project management and local job planning and execution.
- Knowledge of the Electrical Supply Industry from a supplier or customer perspective preferred or equivalent industry with demonstrable transferable knowledge.
- Working knowledge and experience utilising electronic test and measuring equipment, including fluke digital multimeter, spectrum analyser, oscilloscope and druk loop calibrator.
- Knowledge of electronics printed board design and fault finding techniques.
This post requires full flexibility and commitment of the individual to develop themselves in line with business needs and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and customers. Emphasis is placed on the following areas:-
1) Health & Safety 2) Cost Control 3) Programme 4) Quality
To be considered for this role please apply with an updated CV.